Five Factors that Affect Fashion
Designers create fashion which they think you will like. Advertising agencies and Fashion Magazines are only instruments to stimulate your imagination, but the bottom line depends upon your judgment on how you interpret those media messages to your particular need.
Factors that Affect Fashion:
1. First and foremost is the geographical location. No matter how popular a fashion trend in Los Angeles is, may not be appropriate in a small prairie in Wyoming.
2. Ethnic background. A popular trend in New York may not be a popular trend in Saudi Arabia even if both were designed by the same designer. And even if they live in the same community, traditional Christians differ from traditional Islamic culture.
3. Age background of the population. If there is unusually large population of older people, they may prefer conservative clothing in their community.
4. Social activities of the people. Is it fishing or skiing?
5. Economic condition. Is it an affluent community, middle or poor community?
Noubi says: Knowing your body needs can help you make the right fashion choices. Be careful, however, most fashion mistakes happen when you choose garments because of the way they appear on models and/or friends.
In dealing with your particular style remember that the body is dependent to your personality just as any part of the body is dependent to the rest of your clothing. The relationship of your personality, body and clothing must be in harmony as a whole for best result. People read clothing message only as a harmonious whole according to the standards we know.